The Crucible Galaxy is a large, barred-spiral galaxy with many smaller satellite galaxies. The Crucible Galaxy has a rich history dating back billions of years inhabited by multiple interstellar civilizations.
10 regions were classified by the Second Galactic Senate, with different classification systems being used by other governments such as the First Galactic Senate or the Buyuk Empire. The 10-region system classified the galaxy based on Jumpgate routes active within the era following the Battle of Domum Regimen, which had often shaped the culture and history of different civilizations throughout said regions via their interactions with other alien species.
Galactic Core Zone
The Galactic Core Zone is a region with large amounts of stars, gravity wells and dangerous amounts of radiation. A supermassive singularity lies at the center. The innermost part of the core is said to be almost completely uninhabitable by carbon-based life. The GCZ was mostly associated by the Senate public with the ultra-jingoistic Buyuk Empire, which was constantly at war with almost every member of the Second Galactic Senate.
Besides the capital area of Regimen, much of it has remained unexplored. Nonetheless, many trade routes between empires will pass through the Galactic Core, not going through its direct center but either over or under it. Therefore, the planets which are closest to the Galactic Core tend to be economic hubs.
While the stars around the Galactic Core have very high metallicities, the radiation from the core makes it difficult for life to evolve. Most life on planets around the Galactic Core will have either evolved completely underground or with a metallic carapace that would shield them from the radiation.
Planets are relatively uncommon as shock waves from nearby stars blow apart the proto-planetary discs of others. Nonetheless, it is still possible.
- Regimen - Main hub of the Second Galactic Senate
- Ghoraxlands Sector Y
- Ghoraxlands Sector Z
- Globular Cluster Z
- The Birthmark - Once home to the ancient Promorin.
The Cinder Reaches followed the Outer Arm to its tip. This region did not directly border the Galactic Core, so the species here were not as affected by the Buyuk Wars
- Striganti's Talon - A star group at the very tip of the far arm of the Crucible Galaxy. It is here the Alkan species were born.
Relicant Space was so named for being the cradle, and grave, of once powerful civilizations by the time of the Second Senate. It was here that the Omni and the Taroran originated. In an attempt to control the flow of Ygsium and Omni artifacts (potentially including priceless treasures and exorbitantly destructive weapons), the Senate attempted to regulate passage to this region as much as possible without infringing on the rights of its native civilizations.
- Exodus Bridge - Home of the Larrax. It is here where the Spodan Archives were uncovered.
- Yetu Basin
- Archangel Nebula - Home of the Omni and the site where the Empire of Arckas constructed Novarckas.
- Valrith's Realm
- Eryllia Nebula - Home of the Fadorva.
- Nidus Cluster - Home of the Taroran.
- Eye of Deus Nebula
- Sacred Heavens
This region consists of the space surrounding the root of the Near Arm of the Crucible Galaxy - Near, that is, to Domum Regimen.
- Latspley Cluster - Home of the Devony.
- Groos Region - An Eteno-colonized region, the Groos Region was the center of the Groos War, which fractured Eteno Civilization.
- Aphbrec Systems - Home of the Aphbrec species and Eteno Colonists, under the control of the Union of Eteno Socialist States
- Cintura Expanse - Home of the Chyrian species and Eteno Colonists, under the control of the Union of Eteno Socialist States
- Dragon's Head Nebula - Home of the Kr'aszazz species and Eteno Colonists, under the control of the Union of Eteno Socialist States
- Xurtag's Crown Nebula - Remote area home to a former Omni military outpost. Sold by the Karalian Empire to the UESS
- Ferhma Frontier - Remote frontier colony owned by the UESS
So named after the Dhragolon, religious figures originating from Vaikan culture, it's perhaps unsurprising that the Dhragolon Expanse was filled with Karalian Empire colonies, and Vaikan-related species such as the Carapellex and the Ashadran. Its border with the Inner Systems was drafted based on clusters and jumpgates colonized or claimed by the Karalian Empire and UESS forming "dots" on a map that invisible lines were drawn between.
- Twin Hearts Nebula - Home of the Vaikan.
- Krizael Expanse Home of the Garro species and Vaikan Colonists, under the control of the Karalian Empire.
- Greenwater Nebula - A Vaikan-colonized region that would later fall into a Civil War which would spiral into a crisis for the Senate.
- Zamard Cloud - Adoptive home of the Carapellex, who fled here from the Twin Hearts Nebula.
- Kani'Majoro - Karalian-administrated region. The largest star in the Galaxy, the Eye of Uszaroth, was found here.
- Line of Demarcation
- Gimheldt system and Zuinig system - A region that would be used to define the border of the expanse and the Inner Systems. It was the subject of a dispute between the UESS and Karalian Empire. The Delson were also active here.
- Serus system - Once an Omni world, it would later become a region that would be used to define the border of the expanse and the Inner Systems. It was sold to the Karalians by the UESS.
- Harvester Quarantine Zone
- Pillars of Spodan
- Bestine Maro Cluster - Home of the Delson.
- Kansar Nebula - Home of the Drussiray, and later, adoptive home of the Ashadrans.
- Delson DMZ - A small region that served effectively as a buffer between the Delson and the Drussiray.
- South Outer Rim - Home of the Tursu
The Pilgrim's Esplanade began where the further reaches of the Dhragolon Expanse gave way. Many in the latter region viewed jumping out of the Dhragolon Expanse for this region was leaving "civilized space." Travelling through this region, jumpgates became fewer and farther between, with senate civilizations' expeditions finding more dead ends and more hostile aliens.
- Kroctus Cluster - Home of the Klymu, this area was under the jurisdiction of the highly religious Mizani Empire.
- Tolimanian Frontier - Not connected to any jumpgates, this frontier would later be explored by Greenwater refugees who hoped to escape as the expanse and inner systems fell into war.
- Garden of the Celestials - This area holds no habitable planets. However, the Roving Flotilla dwelt here after their exile from Mizani space.
- Morduin's Hunting Grounds - Designated as a Dark Zone by the Karalian government, the Telophere Autocracy is active here. This area served as one of the border nodes of the Pilgrim's Esplanade and Dhragolon Expanse.
- Whaattweld Nebula - Home of the Naznaract.
- Obsidian Shroud - This small region only encompasses the Ebon system. This system is named for an object called "Ebon," which is a megastructure similar to Novarckas. Travel to this region is highly restricted in order to limit access to Ebon.
- Vagrant Sea - Home of the Katrakhan, who destroyed their own home planet and adopted a nomandic lifestyle.
- Kes Nebula - Home of the Xampula, a pre-FTL species engaged in a civil war.
Past the Pilgrim's Esplanade lay a vast region of mostly unexplored space. Few civilizations known to the Second Senate originated here.
- Singularity Abyss - A region full of black holes, it is incredibly dangerous for explorers who attempt to navigate into or through it.
- Kzzirik Nebula - A region under the control of the United Kyekna Monarchies.
The Outer Frontier is a region located directly east of the Galactic Core. While largely unmapped and unexplored by the Second Galactic Senate, in the Empire of Arckas Era, the region was actively inhabited by the Boneyard Necromancers who conducted many of their profane, necromantic rituals across many star systems. The site of a directed Anathema attack on behalf of a rival faction known as the Collective led to the creation of The Scar, a site where thousands of solar systems were completely destroyed, leaving almost completely empty space in the area for thousands of lightyears.
The Outer Frontier, while rich in Arckasian artifacts and deposits of perfect ygsium, is incredibly dangerous due to the presence of hostile remnants of the Boneyard Necromancers' subject civilizations.
- Ske'en Galaxy
- Xurtogg Satellite Galaxy
- Ramphas Dwarf Galaxy
- Whetu-Nui Satellite Galaxy
- Gehenna Galaxy
See: Timeline of Omni 01
Names may be temporary
|Galactic Core Zone|
Twin Hearts Nebula • Krizael Expanse • Greenwater Nebula • Zamard Cloud • Kani'Majoro • Line of Demarcation • Harvester Quarantine Zone • Pillars of Spodan • Bestine Maro Cluster • Kansar Nebula • Delson DMZ • South Outer Rim